Features and Benefits
- Switching Regulator with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control Makes Optimal Use of Limited Input Power
- I2C Port for Optimal System Performance and Status Information
- Input Overvoltage Protection
- Bat-Track Control of External Step-Down Switching Regulator Maximizes Efficiency from Automotive and Other High Voltage Sources
- Instant-On Operation with Low Battery
- Optional Overtemperature Battery Conditioner Improves High Temperature Battery Safety Margin
- Ideal Diode Seamlessly Connects Battery When Input Power is Limited or Unavailable
- Full-Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- Slew Control Reduces Switching EMI
- 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC4099 is an I2C controlled high efficiency USB PowerPath™ controller and full-featured Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger. It seamlessly manages power distribution from multiple sources including USB, a wall adapter and a Li-Ion/Polymer battery.
The LTC4099 automatically limits its input current for USB compatibility. For automotive and other high voltage applications, the LTC4099 interfaces with an external switching regulator. Both the USB input and the auxiliary input controller feature Bat-Track optimized charging to provide maximum power to the application and reduced heat in high power density applications.
The I2C port allows digital control of important application parameters including input current limit, charge current and float voltage. Several status bits can also be read back via I2C.
An overvoltage protection circuit guards the LTC4099from high voltage damage on the low voltage VBUS pin.TheLTC4099 is available in a 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mmQFN Package.
- Media Players
- Portable Navigation Devices
- Smart Phones
- Industrial Handhelds
- Portable Medical Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration Circuit 1396A is an I2C-controlled, high-efficiency USB/5V Powered 1A Li-Ion battery charger/manager with the control hooks for an external HV battery-tracking step-down controller (LT3480 is recommended). The Input current is automatically limited for USB compatibility. The DC1396's input voltage ranges from 4.35V to 5.5V, and the device provides overvoltage protection from up to 30V. The device features a CC/CV linear charger with a 4.2V charge voltage, C/x detection and timer termination.
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.