Features and Benefits
- 200ksps per Channel Throughput
- Eight Simultaneous Sampling Channels
- ±5LSB INL (Maximum, ±4.096V Range)
- Guaranteed 18-Bit, No Missing Codes
- Differential, Wide Common Mode Range Inputs
- Per-Channel SoftSpan Input Ranges:
- ±4.096V, 0V to 4.096V, ±2.048V, 0V to 2.048V
- ±5V, 0V to 5V, ±2.5V, 0V to 2.5V
- 91.8dB Single-Conversion SNR (Typical)
- −113dB THD (Typical) at fIN = 2kHz
- 102dB CMRR (Typical) at fIN = 200Hz
- Rail-to-Rail Input Overdrive Tolerance
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Integrated Reference and Buffer (4.096V)
- SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS Serial I/O
- Internal Conversion Clock, No Cycle Latency
- 81mW Power Dissipation (Typical)
- 48-Lead (7mm x 7mm) QFN Package
The LTC2345-18 is an 18-bit, low noise 8-channel simultaneous sampling successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with differential, wide common mode range inputs. Operating from a 5V low voltage supply and using the internal reference and buffer, each channel of this SoftSpanTM ADC can be independently configured on a conversion-by-conversion basis to accept ±4.096, 0V to 4.096V, ±2.048V, or 0V to 2.048V signals. Individual channels may also be disabled to increase throughput on the remaining channels.
The wide input common mode range and 102dB CMRR of the LTC2345-18 analog inputs allow the ADC to directly digitize a variety of signals, simplifying signal chain design. This input signal flexibility, combined with ±5LSB INL, no missing codes at 18 bits, and 91.8dB SNR, makes the LTC2345-18 an ideal choice for many applications requiring wide dynamic range.
The LTC2345-18 supports pin-selectable SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS serial interfaces. Between one and eight lanes of data output may be employed in CMOS mode, allowing the user to optimize bus width and throughput.
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed Data Acquisition
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2326A shows the proper way to drive the LTC2345 ADC. The LTC2345 is a low noise, high speed, simultaneous sampling 16-/18-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. The LTC2345 has a flexible SoftSpan™ interface that allows conversion-by-conversion control of the input voltage span on a per-channel basis. An internal 2.048V reference and 2× buffer simplify basic operation while an external reference can be used to increase the input range and the SNR of the ADC.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.