Features and Benefits
- Green Idle power-saving mode
- Single 2.7 V to 3.6 V power supply
- Operates with 3 V logic
- 0.1 µF to 1 µF charge pump capacitors
- Low EMI
- Low power shutdown: 20 nA
- Full RS-232 compliance
- 460 kb/s data rate
- One receiver active in shutdown (ADM3307E/ADM3311E/ADM3312E/ADM3315E)
- Two receivers active in shutdown (ADM3310E)
- ESD >15 kV IEC 1000-4-2 on RS-232 I/Os
- ESD >15 kV IEC 1000-4-2 on CMOS and RS-232 I/Os (ADM3307E)
- Qualified for automotive applications
Product DetailsThe ADM3311E is a three driver/five receiver product designed to fully meet the EIA-232 standard while operating with a single +2.7 to 3.6V power supply. The devices feature an on-chip DC to DC converter, eliminating the need for dual power supplies. This DC-DC converter contains a voltage tripler and voltage inverter which internally generates a regulated ±7.5V from the input 3V power supply. An internal voltage monitoring circuit continually adjusts the oscillator frequency to maintain the desired output voltage levels. In an unloaded state, the oscillator idles at a minimum frequency (Green-Idle Mode ™ ) thereby minimizing the power consumption. This makes these products ideal for battery powered portable devices.
- Mobile phone handsets/data cables
- Laptop and notebook computers
- PDAs/Hand-Held Devices/Palmtop Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.