Features and Benefits
- Ultrasmall package: 2 mm × 2 mm, 8-lead LFCSP
- High relative accuracy (INL): ±2 LSB maximum at 16 bits
- Low drift, 2.5 V reference: 2 ppm/°C typical
- Selectable span output: 2.5 V or 5 V
- Total unadjusted error (TUE): ±0.06% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.05 % of FSR maximum
- Low glitch: 0.1 nV-sec
- High drive capability: 20 mA
- Low power: 1.2 mW at 3.3 V
- 1.8 V VLOGIC compatible
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The AD5693R / AD5692R / AD5691R / AD5693, members of the nanoDAC+® family, are low power, single-channel, 16-/14-/12-bit buffered voltage output DACs. The devices, except the AD5693, include an enabled by default internal 2.5 V reference, offering 2 ppm/°C drift. The output span can be programmed to be 0 V to VREF or 0 V to 2 × VREF. All devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design. The devices are available in a 2.00 mm × 2.00 mm, 8-lead LFCSP or a 10-lead MSOP.
The internal power-on reset circuit ensures that the DAC register is written to zero scale at power-up while the internal output buffer is configured in normal mode. The AD5693R / AD5692R / AD5691R / AD5693 contain a power-down mode that reduces the current consumption of the device to 2 μA (maximum) at 5 V and provides software selectable output loads.
The AD5693R / AD5692R / AD5691R / AD5693 use an I2C interface. Some device options also include an asynchronous RESET pin and a VLOGIC pin, allowing 1.8 V compatibility.
- High relative accuracy (INL): ±2 LSB maximum (AD5693R/AD5693, 16-bit).
- Low drift, 2.5 V on-chip reference: 2 ppm/°C typical and 5 ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient.
- 2 mm × 2 mm, 8-lead LFCSP and 10-lead MSOP.
- Process controls
- Data acquisition systems
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage sources
- Optical modules
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5693RSDZ is designed to help customers quickly prototype AD5693R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5693R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5693R incorporates an internal 2.5 V on-board reference to give an output voltage span of 2.5 V or 5 V.
The EVAL-AD5693RSDZ evaluation board interfaces to the USB port via the SDP board. The analysis control evaluation (ACE) software is available for download from the EVAL-AD5693RSDZ product page to use with the evaluation board to allow the user to program the AD5693R. The EVAL-AD5693RSDZ evaluation board requires the purchase of the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B) board or the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z (SDP-S) board.
For full details, consult the AD5693R data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with user guide (UG-675) when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5693R
- On-board reference
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., SDP
- PC software for control of DACs
- On-board ADC for voltage readback
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.