Features and Benefits
- Six Programmable Output Ranges:
- Unipolar: 0V to 5V, 0V to 10V
- Bipolar: ±5V, ±10V, ±2.5V, –2.5V to 7.5V
- Serial Readback of All On-Chip Registers
- 1LSB INL and DNL Over the Industrial Temperature Range (LTC2704-14/LTC2704-12)
- Force/Sense Outputs Enable Remote Sensing
- Glitch Impulse: < 2nV-sec
- Outputs Drive ±5mA
- Pin Compatible 12-, 14- and 16-Bit Parts
- Power-On and Clear to Zero Volts
- 44-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC2704-16/LTC2704-14/LTC2704-12 are serial input, 12-, 14- or 16-bit, voltage output SoftSpan™ DACs that operate from 3V to 5V logic and ±5V to ±15V analog supplies. SoftSpan offers six output spans—two unipolar and four bipolar—fully programmable through the 3-wire SPI serial interface. INL is accurate to 1LSB (2LSB for the LTC2704-16). DNL is accurate to 1LSB for all versions.
Readback commands allow verification of any on-chip register in just one 24- or 32- bit instruction cycle. All other commands produce a “rolling readback” response from the LTC2704, dramatically reducing the needed number of instruction cycles.
A Sleep command allows any combination of DACs to be powered down. There is also a reset flag and an offset adjustment pin for each channel.
- Process Control and Industrial Automation
- Direct Digital Waveform Generation
- Software Controlled Gain Adjustment
- Automated Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.