Dual 14-Bit, LVDS Interface 500 MSPS DAC
The AD9780/AD9781/AD9783 include pin-compatible, high dynamic range, dual digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with 12-/14-/16-bit resolutions, and sample rates of up to 500 MSPS. The devices include specific features for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain and offset compensation, and they interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5370.
A proprietary, dynamic output architecture permits synthesis of analog outputs even above Nyquist by shifting energy away from the fundamental and into the image frequency.
Full programmability is provided through a serial peripheral interface (SPI) port. Some pin-programmable features are also offered for those applications without a controller.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals.
- Proprietary switching output for enhanced dynamic performance.
- Programmable current outputs and dual auxiliary DACs provide flexibility and system enhancements.
- Wireless infrastructure
- W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX
- Wideband communications
- LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
- RF signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
For a list of compatible evaluation boards, please see the "DPG2" information on our Data Pattern Generator (DPG) High-Speed DAC Evaluation Platform page.