Dual 16-Bit, 1 GSPS, Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9776A/AD9778A/AD9779A are dual, 12-/14-/16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 1 GSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. They include features optimized for direct conversion transmission applications, including complex digital modulation and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL537x FMOD series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 3-wire interface provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices are manufactured on an advanced 0.18 μm CMOS process and operate on 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.0 W. They are enclosed in a 100-lead thin quad flat package (TQFP).
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- The current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable setup and hold.
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth.
- Wireless infrastructure: W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMax, GSM, LTE
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Internal digital upconversion capability
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- In wideband communication systems , we recommend the ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385 or the ADL5386 .
- For 3V power supplies , we recommend the AD8345 or the AD8346 .
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO , we recommend the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703 or the ADRF6704 .
Recommended Clock Drivers
Advantiv™ Advanced TV Solutions
Meeting Today's Digital Entertainment Challenges
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital-to-Analog Converter ICs Solutions Bulletin, Volume 10, Issue 1
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.