16-Bit 160 MSPS 2x/4x/8x Interpolating Dual TxDAC+® D/A Converter
The AD9777 is the 16-bit member of a new pin-compatible family of high-speed dual Interpolating TxDAC+® converters with a maximum input data rate of 160 MSPS (no interpolation) and maximum DAC update rate of 400 MSPS (8x interpolation). They feature a selectable interpolation rate (2x/4x/8x) and a complex modulator that can mix at Fs/2, Fs/4 or Fs/8. All configuration is accomplished through an easy to use 3- or 4-wire SPI interface.
When used with an external quadrature modulator (such as the AD8345/AD8346/AD8349) the AD977X can be used implement a more traditional baseband I/Q architecture or an image reject upconversion architecture by using its internal complex (I&Q) mixer. The latter architecture may be well suited for those applications demanding high modulation accuracy (i.e. 64 QAM) that digital modulation inherently provides. This offers the added benefit of suppressing the image inherent in an analog mixing operation, consequently reducing the number of filtering stages, and therefore the cost of the hardware required to achieve 3G and broadband spectral emission specifications. User-accessible Gain and Offset correction is accessed through the SPI port and improves sideband suppression and LO feedthrough, respectively. A direct IF mode allows synthesis of intermediate frequencies (IFs) above 70 MHz.
TxDAC+ is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.
- Analog quadrature modulation architecture
- 3G, multicarrier GSM, TDMA, CDMA systems
- Broadband wireless, point-to-point microwave radios
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO , we recommend the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703 or the ADRF6704 .
- For 3V power supplies , we recommend the AD8345 or the AD8346 .
- In wideband communication systems , we recommend the ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385 or the ADL5386 .