Dual 12-Bit, 1 GSPS, Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9776/AD9778/AD9779 are dual, 12-/14-/16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 1 GSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. They include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quad-rature modulators such as the AD8349. A serial peripheral interface (SPI®) provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices are manufactured on an advanced 0.18 μm CMOS process and operate on 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.0 W. They are enclosed in 100-lead TQFP packages.
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- The current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable set up and hold.
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth.
WCDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMax, GSM
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 3/07
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
For a list of compatible evaluation boards, please see the "DPG2" information on our Data Pattern Generator (DPG) High-Speed DAC Evaluation Platform page.