Dual 16-Bit 250 MSPS Digital-to-Analog Converters
The AD9743/AD9745/AD976/AD9747 are pin-compatible, high dynamic range, dual digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with 10-/12-/14-/16-bit resolutions and sample rates of up to 250 MSPS. The devices include specific features for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain and offset compensation, and they interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL5370.
A proprietary, dynamic output architecture permits synthesis of analog outputs even above Nyquist by shifting energy away from the fundamental and into the image frequency.
A serial peripheral interface (SPI) port provides full programmability. In addition, some pin-programmable features are offered for those applications without a controller.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enables high quality synthesis of wideband signals.
- Proprietary switching output for enhanced dynamic performance.
- Programmable current outputs and dual auxiliary DACs provide flexibility and system enhancements.
- Wireless infrastructure:
W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX
- Wideband communications:
Radio Frequency (RF) signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For 3V power supplies , we recommend the AD8345 or the AD8346 .
- In wideband communication systems , we recommend the ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385 or the ADL5386 .
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO , we recommend the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703 or the ADRF6704 .
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance
- For a clock and data buffer , we recommend the ADCLK914 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.