8-Bit, 175 MSPS TxDAC® Digital-to-Analog Converters
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.7 V to 3.6 V and low power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 parts make them well-suited for portable and low power applications.
Power dissipation of the AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 can be reduced to 15 mW, with a small trade-off in performance, by lowering the full-scale current output. In addition, a power-down mode reduces the standby power dissipation to approxi-mately 2.2 mW.
The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 has an optional serial peripheral interface (SPI®) that provides a higher level of program-mability to enhance performance of the DAC. An adjustable output, common-mode feature allows for easy interfacing to other components that require common modes from 0 V to 1.2 V.
Edge-triggered input latches and a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap reference have been integrated to provide a complete, monolithic DAC solution. The digital inputs support 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS logic families.
- Pin Compatible. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/AD9707 line of TxDAC converters is pin-compatible with the AD9748/AD9740/AD9742/AD9744 TxDAC line (LFCSP_VQ package).
- Low Power. Complete CMOS DAC operates on a single supply of 3.6 V down to 1.7 V, consuming 50 mW (3.3 V) and 12 mW (1.8 V). The DAC full-scale current can be reduced for lower power operation. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- Self-Calibration. Self-calibration enables true 14-bit INL and DNL performance in the AD9707.
- Twos Complement/Binary Data Coding Support. Data input supports twos complement or straight binary data coding.
- Flexible Clock Input. A selectable high speed, single-ended, and differential CMOS clock input supports 175 MSPS conversion rate.
- Device Configuration. Device can be configured through pin strapping, and SPI control offers a higher level of programmability.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components. Adjustable common-mode output allows for easy interfacing to other signal chain components that accept common-mode levels from 0 V to 1.2 V.
- On-Chip Voltage Reference. The AD9704/AD9705/AD9706/ AD9707 include a 1.0 V temperature-compensated band gap voltage reference.
- Industry-Standard 32-Lead LFCSP_VQ Package.
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 4/07