Quad 16-Bit,1GSPS DAC TxDAC+® Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9148 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-toanalog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1000 MSPS. These devices include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5371/ADL5372/ ADL5373/ADL5374/ADL5375/. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is provided for programming of the internal device parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices operate from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 3 W at the maximum sample rate. They are enclosed in 196-ball chip scale package ball grid array with the option of an attached heat spreader..Product Highlights
1. Low noise and inter-modulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
2. A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
3. The current outputs are easily configured for various singleended or differential circuit topologies.
4. LVDS data input interface includes FIFO to ease input timing.
- Wireless infrastructure LTE, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM
- MIMO/Transmit diversity
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- In wideband communication systems , we recommend the ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, ADL5385 or the ADL5386 .
- For 3V power supplies , we recommend the AD8345, AD8346 or the AD8349 .
- For an quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO , we recommend the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703 or the ADRF6704 .
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance
Advantiv™ Advanced TV Solutions
Meeting Today's Digital Entertainment Challenges
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
Customer Case Studies
Datang Mobile Case Study
Datang taps ADI's high-speed-quad DACs for high-performance, small-form-factor wireless base stations.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.