Dual, 16-Bit, 1600 MSPS, TxDAC+ Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9142A is a dual, 16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1600 MSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. The AD9142A TxDAC+® includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, input signal power detection, and gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL537x F-MOD series and the ADRF670x series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 3-wire serial port interface provides for the programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 9 mA to 33 mA. The AD9142A is available in a 72-lead LFCSP.
- Wide signal bandwidth (BW) enables emerging wideband and multiband wireless applications.
- Advanced low spurious and distortion design techniques provide high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- Very small inherent latency variation simplifies both software and hardware design in the system. It allows easy multichip synchronization for most applications.
- New low power architecture improves power efficiency (mW/MHz/channel) by 30%.
- Input signal power and FIFO error detection simplify designs for downstream analog circuitry protection.
- Programmable transmit enable function allows easy design balance between power consumption and wakeup time.
- Wireless communications: 3G/4G and MC-GSM base stations,
wideband repeaters, software defined radios
- Wideband communications: point-to-point, LMDS/MMDS
- Transmit diversity/MIMO
- Automated test equipment
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The AD9142A-M5372-EBZ connects to a DPG2 for quick evaluation of the AD9142A, a high-speed, signal processing Digital to Analog Converter. The DPG2 automatically formats the data and sends it to the AD9142A-M5372-EBZ, simplifying evaluation of the device. The Evaluation Board (EVB) runs from a +5V supply. A clock distribution chip AD9516 is included on this EVB as a clock fan-out and frequency divider for the DACCLK, REFCLK and DPG2 input clock. Also included is a quadrature modulator ADL5372 for quick DAC+IQMOD evaluation.
Recommended I/Q Modulators
Recommended Clock Generator with VCO
- For a multi-output, low jitter, low phase noise clock generator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 6 week(s) ago in Speed DACs
- 14 week(s) ago in Linux Software Drivers
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.