The AD5663, a member of th nanoDAC® family, is a low power, dual, 16-bit buffered voltage-out DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and is guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5663 requires an external reference voltage to set the output range of the DAC. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V or midscale (AD5663BRMZ-1) and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 1.25 mW at 5 V, going down to 2.4 μW in power-down mode.
The on-chip precision output amplifier of the AD5663 allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5663 uses a versatile, 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
- Dual 16-bit DAC; relative accuracy of ±12 LSBs maximum.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD packages.
- Low power; typically consumes 0.6 mW at 3 V and 1.25 mW at 5 V.
- 7 μs maximum settling time.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Full data on the AD5663R/AD5667R can be found in the appropriate data sheets available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide UG-991 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board.
This evaluation board requires the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board).
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For process control applications , we recommend the ADUM1300 .
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control , we recommend the ADUM4160 .
- For cost sensitive designs , we recommend the ADUM7440 or the ADUM7441 .
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power , we recommend the ADUM5401 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.