The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R, members of the nanoDAC® family, are low power, quad, 12-/14-/16-bit buffered voltage-out DACs. All devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R have an on-chip reference. The AD56x4R-3 has a 1.25 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output range of 2.5 V; the AD56x4R-5 has a 2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference giving a full-scale output range of 5 V. The on-chip reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external refer-ence; all devices can be operated from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The internal reference is enabled via a software write.
The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a per-channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment.
The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz, and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The on-chip precision output amplifier enables rail-to-rail output swing.
- Quad 12-/14-/16-bit DACs.
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm, LFCSP_WD.
- Low power, typically consumes 1.32 mW at 3 V and 2.25 mW at 5 V.
- Process controls
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power , we recommend the ADUM5401 .
- For cost sensitive designs , we recommend the ADUM7440 or the ADUM7441 .
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control , we recommend the ADUM4160 .
- For process control applications , we recommend the ADUM1300 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.