The reference for AD5310 is derived from the power supply inputs and, therefore, provides the widest dynamic output range. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature, which reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited for portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.7 mW at 5 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
The AD5310 is one of a family of pin-compatible DACs. The AD5300 is the 8-bit version, and the AD5320 is the 12-bit version. The AD5300/AD5310/AD5320 are available in 6-lead SOT-23 packages and 8-lead μSOIC packages.
- Available in 6-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead μSOIC packages.
- Low power, single supply operation. This part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and typically consumes 0.35 mW at 3 V and 0.7 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a slew rate of 1 V/μs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface only powers up during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 50 nA at 3 V and 200 nA at 5 V.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
DDS Device Provides Amplitude Modulation
by Mary McCarthy, Analog Devices, Inc.
(EDN, September 2, 1999)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.