14-Bit, 2400 MSPS RF DAC with 4-Channel Signal Processing
The AD9789 is a flexible QAM encoder/interpolator/upconverter combined with a high performance, 2400 MSPS, 14-bit RF digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The flexible digital interface can accept up to four channels of complex data. The QAM encoder supports constellation sizes of 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 with SRRC filter coefficients for all standards.
The on-chip rate converter supports a wide range of baud rates with a fixed DAC clock. The digital upconverter can place the channels from 0 to 0.5 × fDAC. This permits four contiguous channels to be synthesized and placed anywhere from dc to fDAC/2.
The AD9789 includes a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for device configuration and status register readback. The flexible digital interface can be configured for data bus widths of 4, 8, 16, and 32 bits. It can accept real or complex data.
The AD9789 operates from 1.5 V, 1.8 V, and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.6 W. It is supplied in a 164-ball chip scale package ball grid array for lower thermal impedance and reduced package parasitics. No special power sequencing is required. The clock receiver powers up muted to prevent start-up noise.
- Highly integrated and configurable QAM mappers, interpolators, and upconverters for direct synthesis of 1 to 4 DOCSIS or DVB compatible channels in a block.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) performance enable high quality synthesis of signals up to 1 GHz.
- Flexible data interface supports LVDS for outstanding SFDR or CMOS input data for less demanding applications.
- Interface is configurable from 4-bit nibbles to 32-bit words and can run at up to 150 MHz CMOS or 150 MHz LVDS DDR.
- Manufactured on a CMOS process, the AD9789 uses a proprietary switching technique that enhances dynamic performance.
- Broadband communications systems
- Cellular infrastructure
- Point-to-point wireless
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.