14-Bit, 2.5 GSPS, RF Digital-to-Analog Converter
The AD9739 is a 14-bit, 2.5 GSPS high performance RF digital-to-analog converter (DAC) capable of synthesizing wideband signals from dc up to 3.0 GHz. Its DAC core features a quad-switch architecture that provides exceptionally low distortion performance with an industry-leading direct RF synthesis capability. This feature enables multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency in baseband mode as well as second and third Nyquist zones in mix mode. The output current can be programmed over the 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA range.
The inclusion of on-chip controllers simplifies system integration. A dual-port, source synchronous, LVDS interface simplifies the digital interface with existing FGPA/ASIC technology. On-chip controllers are used to manage external and internal clock domain variations over temperature to ensure reliable data transfer from the host to the DAC core. Multichip synchronization is possible with an on-chip synchronization controller. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is used for device configuration as well as readback of status registers.
The AD9739 is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. It is supplied in a 160-ball chip scale ball grid array for reduced package parasitics.
- Ability to synthesize high quality wideband signals with bandwidths of up to 1.25 GHz in the first or second Nyquist zone.
- A proprietary quad-switch DAC architecture provides exceptional ac linearity performance while enabling mix mode operation.
- A dual-port, double data rate, LVDS interface supports the maximum conversion rate of 2500 MSPS.
- On-chip controllers manage external and internal clock domain skews.
- A multichip synchronization capability.
- Programmable differential current output with an 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA range.
- Broadband communications systems
- Military jammers
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment
- Radar, avionics
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.