CMOS,12-Bit, Monolithic Multiplying DAC
The AD7541A is a high performance, 12-bit monolithic multiplying digital-to-analog converter (DAC). It is fabricated using advanced, low noise, thin film, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) technology. The AD7541A is available in 18-lead PDIP, 18-lead PLCC, and 18-lead SOIC packages.
The AD7541A is functionally and pin compatible with the industry standard AD7541, and it offers improved specifications and performance over the obsolete product, AD7541. The improved design ensures that the AD7541A is latch-up free; therefore, no output protection Schottky diodes are required.
The AD7541A uses laser wafer trimming to provide full 12-bit endpoint linearity with several high performance grades.
Compatibility—The AD7541A can be used as a direct replacement for any AD7541 type device. As with the AD7541, The digital inputs on the AD7541A are TTL/CMOS compatible. They have a ±1 μA maximum input current requirement so that they do not load the driving circuitry.
Improvements—The AD7541A offers the following improved specifications over the AD7541:
- Gain error for all grades are reduced with premium grade versions having a maximum gain error of ±3 LSB.
- Gain error temperature coefficient are reduced to 2 ppm/°C typical and 5 ppm/°C maximum.
- Digital-to-analog charge injection energy for the AD7541A is typically 20% less than the standard AD7541.
- Latch-up proof.
- Laser wafer trimming provides 1/2 LSB maximum differential nonlinearity for top grade devices over the operating temperature range (vs. 1 LSB on previous AD7541 devices).
- All grades are guaranteed monotonic to 12 bits over the operating temperature range.
- Waveform generators
- Analog processing
- Instrumentation applications
- Programmable amplifiers and attenuators
- Digitally controlled calibration
- Programmable filters and oscillators
- Composite video
- Gain, offset, and voltage trimming
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.