Features and Benefits
- RF output frequency range: 62.5 MHz to 32,000 MHz
- Fractional-N synthesizer and integer-N synthesizer
- High resolution 39-bit fractional modulus
- Typical PFD Spurious -100 dBc
- Integrated RMS Jitter < 40 fs (1 kHz – 100 MHz)
- Normalized Phase Noise Floor (FOM) -234 dBc/Hz
- Phase frequency detector (PFD) operation to 250 MHz
- Reference frequency operation to 600 MHz
- Maintains frequency lock over −40°C to +105°C
- Low phase noise, voltage controlled oscillator (VCO)
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- 0.06 -8 GHz output at RF8
- 0.06 - 8 GHz output at RF4_16
- 8 -16 GHz output at RF16
- 16 -32 GHz output at RF32
- Analog and digital power supplies: 3.3 V
- VCO power supply +5V
- Integrated low dropout regulator (LDO)
- Programmable output power level
- RF output mute function
- 7mm x 7mm 48 Lead LGA Package
The ADF4371 allows implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. The wideband microwave VCO design allows frequencies from 62.5 MHz to 32 GHz to be generated.
The ADF4371 has an integrated VCO with a fundamental output frequency ranging from 4000 MHz to 8000 MHz In addition, the VCO frequency is connected to divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 circuits that allow the user to generate RF output frequencies as low as 62.5 MHz at RF8. A frequency multiplier at RF16 generates from 8 – 16 GHz. A frequency quadrupler generates frequencies from 16- 32 GHz at RF32. RF4_16 duplicates the frequency range of RF8, or permits direct access to the VCO Output. To suppress the unwanted products of frequency multiplication, a harmonic filter exists between the multipliers and the output stages of RF16 and RF32.
Control of all on-chip registers is through a simple 3-wire interface. The ADF4371 operates with analog and digital power supplies ranging from 3.15 V to 3.45 V, and +5V for the VCO power supply. The ADF4371 also contains hardware and software power-down modes.
- Wireless infrastructure (MC-GSM, 5G)
- Test equipment/instrumentation
- Clock generation
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.