Features and Benefits
- Input frequencies from 8 kHz to 710 MHz
- Output frequencies up to 810 MHz LVPECL and LVDS (up to 200 MHz for CMOS output)
- Preset pin-programmable frequency translation ratios cover popular wireline and wireless frequency applications, including xDSL, T1/E1, BITS, SONET, and Ethernet.
- Arbitrary frequency translation ratios via SPI port
- On-chip VCO
- Accepts a crystal resonator for holdover applications
- Two single-ended (or one differential) reference input(s)
- Two output clocks (independently programmable as LVDS, LVPECL, or CMOS)
- SPI-compatible, 3-wire programming interface
- Single supply (3.3 V)
- Very low power: <450 mW (under most conditions)
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe AD9553 is a phase-locked loop (PLL) based clock translator designed to address the needs of passive optical networks (PON) and base stations. The device employs an integer-N PLL to accommodate the applicable frequency translation requirements. The user supplies up to two single-ended input reference signals or one differential input reference signal via the REFA and REFB inputs. The device supports holdover applications by allowing the user to connect a 25 MHz crystal resonator to the XTAL input.
The AD9553 is pin programmable, providing a matrix of standard input/output frequency translations from a list of 15 possible input frequencies to a list of 52 possible output frequency pairs (OUT1 and OUT2). The device also has a 3-wire SPI interface, enabling the user to program custom input-to-output frequency translations.
The AD9553 output is compatible with LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended CMOS logic levels, although the AD9553 is implemented in a strictly CMOS process.
The AD9553 operates over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Cost effective replacement of high frequency VCXO, OCXO, and SAW resonators
- Extremely flexible frequency translation for SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, DRFI/DOCSIS, and PON/EPON/GPON
- Wireless infrastructure
- Test and measurement (including handheld devices)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Software & Systems Requirements
AD9553 Evaluation Board
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.