Features and Benefits
- Converts a low frequency input reference signal to a high frequency output signal
- Input frequencies from 6.6 MHz to 112.5 MHz
- Output frequencies up to 900 MHz
- Preset pin programmable frequency translation ratios
- Arbitrary frequency translation ratios via SPI port
- On-chip VCO
- Accepts a crystal resonator and/or an external oscillator as a reference frequency source
- Secondary output (either integer-related to the primary output or a copy of the reference input)
- RMS jitter: <0.5 ps
- SPI-compatible, 3-wire programming interface
- Single supply (3.3 V)
- Very low power: <400 mW (under most conditions)
- Small package size (5 mm × 5 mm)
Product DetailsThe AD9552 is a fractional-N phase locked loop (PLL) based clock generator designed specifically to replace high frequency crystal oscillators and resonators. The device employs a sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) modulator (SDM) to accommodate fractional fre-quency synthesis. The user supplies an input reference signal by connecting a single-ended clock signal directly to the REF pin or by connecting a crystal resonator across the XTAL pins.
The AD9552 is pin programmable, providing one of 64 standard output frequencies based on one of eight common input frequen-cies. The device also has a 3-wire SPI interface, enabling the user to program custom input-to-output frequency ratios.
The AD9552 relies on an external capacitor to complete the loop filter of the PLL. The output is compatible with LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended CMOS logic levels, although the AD9552 is implemented in a strictly CMOS process.
The AD9552 is specified to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Cost effective replacement of high frequency VCXO, OCXO, and SAW resonators
- Extremely flexible frequency translation with low jitter for SONET/SDH (including FEC) , 10 Gb Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and DRFI/DOCSIS
- High-definition video frequency translation
- Wireless infrastructure
- Test and measurement (including handheld devices)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9552.
Application Notes (3)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.