Quad PLL, Quad Input, 8-output Multiservice Line Card Adaptive Clock Translator
The AD9554 is a low loop bandwidth clock translator that provides jitter cleanup and synchronization for many systems, including synchronous optical networks (SONET/SDH). The AD9554 generates an output clock synchronized to up to four external input references. The digital PLL (DPLL) allows for reduction of input time jitter or phase noise associated with the external references. The digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry of the AD9554 continuously generates a low jitter output clock even when all reference inputs have failed.
The AD9554 operates over an industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. If a smaller device is needed, the AD9554-1 is a version of this device with one output per PLL. If a single or dual DPLL version of this device is needed, refer to the AD9557 or AD9559, respectively.
- Network synchronization, including synchronous Ethernet and synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) to optical transport network (OTN) mapping/demapping
- Cleanup of reference clock jitter
- SONET/SDH clocks up to OC-192, including FEC
- Stratum 3 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- Cable infrastructure
- Data communications
- Professional video
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
- Simple Power Connection using 6V Wall Adapter and On-board Switching and LDO Voltage Regulators
- On board LDO regulators can be easily bypassed to permit user to evaluate performance using the on-board switching regulator
- Regulators Are Easily Bypassed for Power Measurements
- Twelve AC-Coupled SMA Connectors for Outputs (Four differential, Four single-ended)
- SMA Connectors for
- Two Differential or Four Single-ended Reference Inputs
- System Clock Input
- On-board Provisions for TCXO, Crystal Oscillator or Crystal
- USB Connection to PC 32- or 64-Bit Microsoft Windows® based Evaluation Software with Simple Graphical User Interface
- On-board PLL Loop Filter
- Easy Access to Digital I/O and Diagnostic Signals via I/O Header
- Status LEDs for Diagnostic Signals
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.