Wavescale® JPEG 2000 Video Codec
Features and Benefits
- 100% Bitstream Compatible witht the ADV601
- Precise Compressed Bit Rate Control
- Field Independent Compression
- 8-Bit Video Interface Supports CCIR-656 and Multi-plexed Philips Formats
- General Purpose 16- or 32-Bit Host Interface with 512 Deep 32-Bit FIFO
- Real-Time Compression or Decompression of CCIR-601 to Video:
720 x 288 @ 50 Fields/Sec - PAL
720 x 288 @ 60 Fields/Sec - NTSC
- Compression Ratios from Visually Loss-Less to 350:1
- Visually Loss-Less Compression At 4:1 on Natural Images (Typical)
- PC Video Editing
- Remote CCTV Surveillance
- Digital Camcorders
- Digital Video Tape
- Wireless Video Systems
- TV Instant Replay
The ADV601 and the ADV601LC are very low cost, single chip, dedicated function, all digital CMOS VLSI devices capable of supporting visually loss-less to 350:1 real-time compression and decompression of CCIR-601 digital video at very high image quality levels. The ADV601 offers 10 bit per component performance and an dedicated DSP serial port in a 160 pin PQFP package. The ADV601LC offers 8 bit per component performance, no DSP serial port, and ultra-low cost in a tiny 120 pin TQFP package.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.