10-Bit, 4× Oversampled SDTV Video Decoder with Differential Inputs
Features and Benefits
- Worldwide NTSC/PAL/SECAM color demodulation support
- One 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC), 4× oversampling per channel for CVBS, Y/C, and YPrPb modes
- ADV7282: 4 analog video input channels with on-chip antialiasing filter
- ADV7282-M: 6 analog video input channels with on-chip antialiasing filter
- Video input support for CVBS (composite), Y/C (S-Video), and YPrPb (component)
- Fully differential, pseudo differential, and single-ended CVBS video input support
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM autodetection
- Up to 4 V common-mode input range solution
- Excellent common-mode noise rejection capabilities
- 5-line adaptive 2D comb filter and CTI/DNR video enhancement
- Adaptive Digital Line Length Tracking (ADLLT), signal processing, and enhanced FIFO management provide mini-time base correction (TBC) functionality
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe ADV7282/ADV7282-M are versatile one-chip, multiformat video decoders. The ADV7282/ADV7282-M automatically detects standard analog baseband video signals compatible with worldwide NTSC, PAL, and SECAM standards in the form of composite, S-Video, and component video.
The ADV7282 converts the analog video signals into a YCrCb 4:2:2 video data stream that is compatible with the 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 interface standard.
The ADV7282-M converts the analog video signals into an 8-bit YCrCb 4:2:2 video data stream that is output over a mobile industry processor interface (MIPI®) CSI-2 interface.
The analog video inputs of the ADV7282/ADV7282-M accept single-ended, pseudo differential, and fully differential signals. The ADV7282/ADV7282-M contain a deinterlacer (I2P con-verter) and short to battery detection capability with two STB diagnostic pins. The ADV7282 provides four analog inputs. The ADV7282-M provides six analog inputs and three general-purpose outputs.
The ADV7282/ADV7282-M are programmed via a 2-wire, serial bidirectional port (I2C compatible) and is fabricated in a 1.8 V CMOS process. The LFCSP package option makes the decoder ideal for space-constrained portable applications.
- Smartphone/multimedia handsets
- Automotive infotainment
- DVRs for video security
- Media players
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADV7282MEBZ is an evaluation board for the ADV7282-M. Analog video is fed into the Video Inputs (Ain1 to Ain6). The EVAL-ADV7282MEBZ can receive analog video in a variety of formats.
EVAL-ADV7282MEBZ converts analog video into an MIPI® CSI-2 output (8-bit YCrCb 4:2:2).
he MIPI® CSI-2 output of the consists of one differential data lane (D0+ and D0-) and one differential clock lane (Clk+ and Clk-). These are output to the SMA connectors on the EVAL-ADV7282MEBZ.
The EVAL-ADV7282EBZ is an evaluation board for the ADV7282. The EVAL-ADV7282BZ consists of an ADV7282 video decoder and an ADV7391 video encoder.
Analog video is fed into the Video Inputs (Ain1 to Ain4). The analog video from the Video Inputs is fed into the ADV7282 video decoder. The ADV7282 video decoder converts the analog video it into an 8 bit ITU656 digital stream.
The ITU656 digital output stream of the ADV7282 is fed to header J5 and into the ADV7391 video encoder. The ADV7391 video encoder converts the digital stream into an analog YPbPr output. The analog YPbPr output is fed to the Video Ouptut connectors on the EVAL-ADV7282EBZ.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.