Features and Benefits
- Complete BTSC encoder
- Channel separation: 30 dB
- Stereo analog or digital input
- Phat-Stereo™ algorithm for stereo image enhancement
- Dialog enhancement function for playing wide dynamic range video sources over built-in TV speakers
- Includes L − R dual-band compressor
- Integrated PLL generates all clocks from composite video, 48 kHz sample clock, or high speed master clock
- I2C port for control of modes, effects, and parameters x
- Analog input performance
74 dB dynamic range
−72 dB THD + N
- Digital input performance
87 dB dynamic range
−83 dB THD + N
- Sync stripper to recover video clock from composite video signal
- Output level control for setting aural carrier deviation
Product DetailsThe AD1970 is an analog or digital in, analog out TV Stereo Digital Audio Processor with programmable MTS (BTSC) encoder which includes pilot-tone generation and sub-carrier mixing functions. The stereo ADC provides the means for digitization of the analog baseband audio signal. A built-in high performance DAC is provided to output the BTSC base-band composite signal. The output of the AD1970 can be connected with minimal external circuitry to the input of a 4.5 MHz aural FM modulator.
In addition to the digital BTSC encoder, the AD1970 includes a stereo image enhancement function, Phat Stereo, to increase the sense of spaciousness available from closely spaced TV loudspeakers. A dialog enhancement algorithm solves the problem of playing wide dynamic range sources over limited-performance TV speakers and amplifiers. An I2C port allows control of the AD1970’s registers and parameters.
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.