Features and Benefits
- 2 Blackfin cores capable of 500 MHz/1000 MMACs (2000 MMACs total) for demanding signal processing applications.
- 552 K bytes of on-chip SRAM composed of 148kB of L1 SRAM per core with parity support and a shared L2 256kB SRAM with ECC support.
- Pipeline Vision Processor (PVP) with VGA support.
- Pixel Compositor.
- Fully integrated DMA controller supporting DMA transfers to and from all on-chip and off-chip memories and peripherals.
- 3x Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces (ePPIs) supporting up to 24-bit data widths, ITU-R BT.656 modes, and direct connection to TFT LCD panels, parallel converters, video encoders and decoders, image sensors, and other general-purpose peripherals.
- 3 synchronous serial ports (SPORTs) supporting I2S, Packed I2S, left-justified sample pair, and TDM modes.
- USB 2.0 HS OTG.
- Removable Storage Interface (RSI).
- 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs with IEEE 1588 support.
- Controller Area Network (CAN) Interface.
- 4 Link Ports supporting 8-bit wide DMA enabled data transfer.
- 2 Watch Dog Timers and 8 Timer/Counters with PWM support.
- CRC engine.
- 2 SPI-compatible ports supporting master and slave modes.
- 2 UART and 2 Two-Wire Interfaces.
- 2 16-bit Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) channels.
- 19x19 mm CSP BGA package.
- Commercial, Industrial, and automotive temperature ranges available.
Product DetailsThe ADSP-BF608 Blackfin processor is optimized for embedded vision and video analytics applications using a dual-core fixed-point DSP processor with a unique pipelined vision processor (PVP). The PVP is a set of functional blocks next to the Blackfin cores designed to accelerate image processing algorithms and reduce overall bandwidth requirements.
Other features include a high performance enhanced infrastructure, large on-chip memory and a feature rich peripheral set with expanded connectivity options. In addition to these the ADSP-BF608 processor contains features for safety-critical applications, including a CRC for memory protection, Parity and ECC protection in the internal memory blocks and a Fault Management Unit.
The ADSP-BF608 processor is ideal for many embedded vision applications such as automotive advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), machine vision and robotics for industrial manufacturing systems, security and surveillance system analytics and bar code scanners.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
The ADSP-BF609 Evaluation Hardware provides a low cost hardware solution for users to evaluate the Analog Devices dual core Blackfin processor, 500 MHz/1000 MMACs each (2000 MMACs total) ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® processor family. This hardware comes in two configurations; ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board™ and ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite.®
ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board - The EZ-Board concept is the lowest cost entry point to evaluate the ADSP-BF60x processors family. This offering assumes that the customer already has an ICE -100B, USB-ICE and/or HPUSB-ICE JTAG Emulator(s). CrossCore® Embedded Studio software is also required.
ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite - The EZ-KIT Lite includes the complete ADSP-BF609 EZ-Board product plus SADA2 that eliminates the need to purchase a separate JTAG emulator for evaluation purposes.
Other emulators supported by the ADSP-BF60x Evaluation Hardware include the ICE -100B, USB-ICE and HPUSB-ICE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF609 Blackfin processor
- ADM708 voltage monitoring microprocessor supervisory circuit
- ADM3315 serial port transceiver
- ADP1864 constant frequency current-mode step-down dc-to-dc controller
- ADP1715 low-dropout cmos linear regulator with soft start
- ADM1032 voltage and thermal monitor
- ADP2119A synchronous step-down dc-to-dc regulator
- On-processor memory: 64Mx16 bit (1Gbit) DDR2 memory, 16M x 16-bit Burst flash memory, 32Mbit Quad SPI flash memory.
- Interfaces: 10/100 Ethernet PHY, UART, CAN, USB Debug Agent Interface, Expansion Interface III, Standalone Debug Agent 2 (SADA2).
- Accessories: 2GB SD CARD, Ethernet Cable, 5-in-1 USB Cable Set, Power Supply
Application Notes (15)
Software Manuals (6)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.