Features and Benefits
- Blackfin processor core with 200 MHz (400 MMACs) performance and 68KB L1 Memory: ADSP-BF592KCPZ-2
- Blackfin processor core with 400 MHz (800 MMACs) performance and 68KB L1 Memory: ADSP-BF592KCPZ
- L1 Instruction ROM block with VDK RTOS and C runtime libraries
- Low Power
- Two SPI, two SPORT, two UART and one PPI
- Nine Peripheral DMA channels and two memory to memory DMA channels
- 9x9mm LFCSP package
- Commercial, industrial, and automotive temperature grades
Product DetailsThe BF592 is the low cost entry point into the Blackfin portfolio of processors. With core clock speeds of 200 and 400 MHz and a peripheral set including two SPORT’s, a PPI, two SPI’s, four general purpose counters and a factory-programmed Instruction ROM block containing the VDK RTOS and C-runtime libraries, the BF592 is feature and cost optimized for compute intensive industrial, automotive, and general purpose applications that do not require external memory or executable flash. The BF592 is offered in a low cost 9x9mm LFCSP package in commercial and industrial temperature grades as well as automotive qualified.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
The ADSP-BF592 EZ-KIT Lite® provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-BF592 processor via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn more about the Analog Devices (ADI) ADSP-BF592 hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
The EZ-KIT Lite includes an ADSP-BF592 Blackfin Processor desktop evaluation board along with an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++® development and debugging environment, including the C/C++ compiler, assembler, and linker. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ is designed to be used with the EZ-KIT Lite only.
Part number: ADZS-BF592-EZLITE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices ADSP-BF592 Blackfin processor
- Programmable VDDINT core power: AD5258 TWI digital potentiometer and ADP1715 low dropout linear regulator
- SPI flash memory: Numonyx M25P16 – 16 Mb
- Audio codec: Analog Devices SSM2603 stereo, 24-bit analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, Highly efficient headphone amplifier, Stereo line input and monaural microphone input
- Universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART): ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver, DB9 female connector
- LEDs: Eight LEDs: one board reset (red), three general-purpose (amber), one power (green), one battery good indicator (green), one battery low indicator (amber) and one battery charging indicator (amber)
- Push buttons: Four push buttons: one reset, two programmable flags, and one wake-up with debounce logic
- Expansion interface II: Next generation of the expansion interface design, provides access to most of the processor signals
- JTAG ICE 14-pin header
Application Notes (42)
Software Manuals (17)
Software & Systems Requirements
Blackfin USB-LAN EZ-Extender Board Support Package
Software & Tools Anomalies
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
BSDL Model Files
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.