Features and Benefits
- Lockbox™ Secure Technology: Hardware-enabled security for code and content protection.
- Blackfin Processor Core with up to 600 MHz (1200 MMACS) performance
- 2 dual-channel, full-duplex synchronous serial ports supporting 8 stereo I2S channels
- 12 peripheral DMA channels supporting one- and two-dimensional data transfers
- NAND Flash Controller with 8-Bit interface for commands, addresses and data.
- Connectivity: Host DMA Port, UART’s, SPORT’s, SPI and TWI.
- Memory controller providing glue-less connection to multiple banks of external SDRAM, SRAM, Flash, or ROM
- 289-ball, 12x12 mm, 0.5 mm pitch mini-BGA (Commercial temperature range 0°C to +70°C)
- 208-ball, 17x17 mm, 0.8 mm pitch mini-BGA (Commercial temperature range 0°C to +70°C; Industrial temperature range -40°C to +85°C*) * 533 MHz max operating speed
Product DetailsThe ADSP-BF523 Blackfin Processor combines high performance, power efficiency and system integration to enable highly optimized designs without compromises. With built-in peripheral selectivity the BF523 provides the greatest flexibility for today’s most demanding convergent signal processing applications. With power consumption as low as 0.23 mW/MHz and performance up to 600 MHz, applications can now add greater signal processing performance without forgoing battery life.
Configured as a co-processor in applications where flexibility is required to support a variety of multimedia applications, the ADSP-BF523 offers the processing performance along with scaleable power management that provides developers that flexibility in their design. For battery powered applications that either enhance the multimedia experience or deliver a full Mobile TV implementation, the ADSP-BF523 represents the ideal solution to release design innovation.
IP protection has become a necessary part of today’s embedded computing applications. The ADSP-BF523 provides a security scheme which balances flexibility and upgradeability with performance through the inclusion of a firmware-based solution including OTP (One Time Programmable) memory to enable users to implement private keys for secure access to program code.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The ADSP-BF527 EZ-KIT Lite® provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-BF527 Blackfin® Processors via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn more about the Analog Devices (ADI) ADSP-BF527 hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
The EZ-KIT Lite includes an ADSP-BF527 Blackfin Processor desktop evaluation board along with an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++® development and debugging environment, including the C/C++ compiler, assembler, and linker. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ is designed to be used with the EZ-KIT Lite only.
The EZ-KIT Lite ships with with a landscape, Low Power QVGA Touch Screen LCD panel, a set of Stereo Headphones and all of the necessary supplemental cables (USB, Ethernet, etc.).
CROSSCORE® Tools Support
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF527 Processor: 289 Ball mBGA, 600MHz; LFBGA-SS2, 12mmX12mm/0.5 pitch, 4L, (A02)
- SDRAM: 64 MB, 32M x 16; Micron MT48LC32M16A2 3.3V
- FLASH: 4 MB (2M x 16 ); Numonyx M29W320EB70ZE6E 3.3V
- NAND FLASH: 4 Gb Numonyx NAND04; NAND04GW3B2B 3.3V
- SPI FLASH: 16 Mb Numonyx M25P16-VMW6G 3.3V
- Thumbwheel: CTS Corp, Rotary Encoder, 2 Bit Binary, CT2999-ND
- Keypad: ACT-07-30008-000-R
- UART: ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver; DB9 female connector
- RTC Battery: 3.0 Volt Li-ION
- LCD Display: Varitronix - Landscape QVGA, 5 in, 320x240, Touch Screen
- Selectable Boot Mode
- Audio I/O: Mic in, Line In, Headphone Out, Line Out
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
Application Notes (47)
Processor Manuals (3)
Software Manuals (17)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.