Features and Benefits
- 5 V stereo audio DAC system
- Accepts 16-bit/18-bit/20-bit/24-bit data
- Supports 24 bits, 192 kHz sample rate
- Accepts a wide range of sample rates including 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz
- Multibit Σ-Δ modulator with perfect differential linearity restoration for reduced idle tones and noise floor
- Data-directed scrambling DAC—least sensitive to jitter
- Differential output for optimum performance
- See datasheet for additional features
The AD1852 is a complete 18/20/24-bit single-chip stereo digital audio playback system. It is comprised of a multibit sigma-delta modulator, digital interpolation filters, and analog output drive circuitry. Other features include an on-chip stereo attenuator and mute, programmed through an SPI-compatible serial control port. The AD1852 is fully compatible with all known DVD formats including 192kHz as well as 96kHz sample frequencies and 24-bits. It also is backwards compatible by supporting 50/15µs digital de-emphasis intended for "redbook" Compact Discs, as well as de-emphasis at 32kHz and 48kHz sample rate.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.