Features and Benefits
- SigmaDSP 28-/56-bit, 50 MIPS digital audio processor
- Fully programmable with SigmaStudio graphical tool
- 24-bit stereo audio ADC and DAC: >98 dB SNR
- Sampling rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- Low power: 17 mW record, 18 mW playback, 48 kHz
- 6 analog input pins, configurable for single-ended or differential inputs
- Flexible analog input/output mixers
- Stereo digital microphone input
- Analog outputs: 2 differential stereo, 2 single-ended stereo, 1 mono headphone output driver
- PLL supporting input clocks from 8 MHz to 27 MHz
- Analog automatic level control (ALC)
- Microphone bias reference voltage
- Analog and digital I/O: 3.3 V
- I2C and SPI control interfaces
- Digital audio serial data I/O: stereo and time-division multiplexing (TDM) modes
- Software-controllable clickless mute
- GPIO pins for digital controls and outputs
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- −40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- Qualified for automotive applications
- Digital Microphone inputs, headphone amp, Frac PLL
Product DetailsThe ADAU1461 is a low power, stereo audio codec with integrated digital audio processing that supports stereo 48 kHz record and playback at 35 mW from a 3.3 V analog supply. The stereo audio ADCs and DACs support sample rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz as well as a digital volume control.
The SigmaDSP® core features 28-bit processing (56-bit double precision). The processor allows system designers to compensate for the real-world limitations of microphones, speakers, amplifiers, and listening environments, resulting in a dramatic improvement in the perceived audio quality through equalization, multiband compression, limiting, and third-party branded algorithms.
The SigmaStudio™ graphical development tool is used to program the ADAU1461. This software includes audio processing blocks such as filters, dynamics processors, mixers, and low level DSP functions for fast development of custom signal flows.
The record path includes an integrated microphone bias circuit and six inputs. The inputs can be mixed and muxed before the ADC, or they can be configured to bypass the ADC. The ADAU1461 includes a stereo digital microphone input.
The ADAU1461 includes five high power output drivers (two differentials and three single-ended), supporting stereo head-phones, an earpiece, or other output transducer. AC-coupled or capless configurations are supported. Individual fine level controls are supported on all analog outputs. The output mixer stage allows for flexible routing of audio.
- Automotive head units
- Automotive amplifiers
- Navigation systems
- Rear-seat entertainment systems
Data Sheet, Rev. 0, 5/10
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.