Features and Benefits
- 20-Bit ADC in SO-8 Package
- 8ppm INL, No Missing Codes at 20 Bits
- 4ppm Full-Scale Error
- 0.5ppm Offset
- 1.2ppm Noise
- Digital Filter Settles in a Single Cycle. Each Conversion Is Accurate, Even After an Input Step
- Fast Mode: 16-Bit Noise, 12 Bits TUE at 100sps
- Internal Oscillator—No External Components Required
- 110dB Min, 50Hz/60Hz Notch Filter
- Reference Input Voltage: 0.1V to VCC
- Live Zero—Extended Input Range Accommodates 12.5% Overrange and Underrange
- Single Supply 2.7V to 5.5V Operation
- Low Supply Current (200µA) and Auto Shutdown
- Pin Compatible with 24-Bit LTC2400
The LTC2420 is a micropower 20-bit A/D converter with an integrated oscillator, 8ppm INL and 1.2ppm RMS noise that operates from 2.7V to 5.5V. It uses delta-sigma technology and provides a digital filter that settles in a single cycle for multiplexed applications. Through a single pin, the LTC2420 can be configured for better than 110dB rejection at 50Hz or 60Hz ±2%, or it can be driven by an external oscillator for a user-defined rejection frequency in the range 1Hz to 800Hz. The internal oscillator requires no external frequency setting components.
The converter accepts any external reference voltage from 0.1V to VCC. With its extended input conversion range of –12.5% VREF to 112.5% VREF, the LTC2420 smoothly resolves the offset and overrange problems of preceding sensors or signal conditioning circuits.
The LTC2420 communicates through a flexible 3-wire digital interface which is compatible with SPI and MICROWIRE™ protocols.
- Weight Scales
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- Gas Analyzers
- Strain-Gage Transducers
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial Process Control
- 4-Digit DVMs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.