Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit Successive Approximation ADC
- No Missed Codes Over Full Temperature Range
- Low Total Unadjusted Error ±1LSB max
- High Impedance Analog Input
- Autozero Cycle for Low Offset Voltage
- Low Power, 75mW typ
- Small Size: 0.3", 24-Pin Package
- Conversion Time of 100µs
Product DetailsThe AD7578 is a medium speed, monolithic 12-bit CMOS A/D converter which uses the successive approximation technique to provide a conversion time of 100µs. An auto-zero cycle occurs at the start of each conversion resulting in very low system offset voltages, typically less than 100µV. The device is designed for easy microprocessor interfacing using standard control signals; CS (decoded device address), RD (READ) and WR (WRITE).
Conversion results are available in two bytes, 8LSBs and 4MSBs, over an 8-bit three state output bus. Either byte can be read first. Two converter busy flags are available to facilitate polling of the converter's status.
The analog input voltage range is 0V to +5V when using a reference voltage of +5V.
- The AD7578 is a complete 12-bit A/D converter in a 24-pin
package requiring only a few passive components and a voltge reference
- Autozero cycle realizes very low offset voltages, typically 100µV
- Standard microprocessor control signals to allow easy interfacing
to most popular 8- and 16-bit processors.
- Monolithic construction for increased reliability and small 0.3", 24-pin package.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.