Features and Benefits
- Sample Rate: 100ksps
- 8-Channel Multiplexer with ±25V Protection
- Single 5V Supply
- Software-Programmable Input Ranges:
- 0V to 5V, 0V to 10V, ±5V or ±10V
- Single Ended or Differential
- ±3LSB INL for the LTC1859, ±1.5LSB INL for the LTC1858, ±1LSB INL for the LTC1857
- Power Dissipation: 40mW (Typ)
- SPI/MICROWIRE™ Compatible Serial I/O
- Power Shutdown: Nap and Sleep
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 87dB (Typ) for the LTC1859
- Operates with Internal or External Reference
- Internal Synchronized Clock
- 28-Pin SSOP Package
The LTC1857/LTC1858/LTC1859 are 8-channel, low power, 12-/14-/16-bit, 100ksps, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). These SoftSpan™ ADCs can be software programmed for 0V to 5V, 0V to 10V, ±5V or ±10V input spans and operate from a single 5V supply. The 8-channel multiplexer can be programmed for single-ended inputs or pairs of differential inputs or combinations of both. In addition, all channels are fault protected to ±25V. A fault condition on any channel will not affect the conversion result of the selected channel.
An onboard high performance sample-and-hold and precision reference minimize external components. The low 40mW power dissipation is made even more attractive with two user selectable power shutdown modes. DC specifications include ±3LSB INL for the LTC1859, ±1.5LSB INL for the LTC1858 and ±1LSB for the LTC1857.
The internal clock is trimmed for 5µs maximum conversion time and the sampling rate is guaranteed at 100ksps. A separate convert start input and data ready signal (BUSY) ease connections to FIFOs, DSPs and microprocessors.
- Industrial Process Control
- Multiplexed Data Acquisition Systems
- High Speed Data Acquisition for PCs
- Digital Signal Processing
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTC1859 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.