Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V analog supply operation
- 1.8 V to 3.3 V output supply
61.5 dBFS at 9.7 MHz input
61.0 dBFS at 200 MHz input
75 dBc at 9.7 MHz input
73 dBc at 200 MHz input
- Low power
45 mW at 20 MSPS
76 mW at 80 MSPS
- Differential input with 700 MHz bandwidth
- On-chip voltage reference and sample-and-hold circuit
- 2 V p-p differential analog input
- DNL = ±0.10 LSB
- Serial port control options
Offset binary, gray code, or twos complement data format
Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe AD9609 is a monolithic, single channel 1.8 V supply, 10-bit, 20/40/65/80 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It features a high performance sample-and-hold circuit and on-chip voltage reference. The product uses multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 10-bit accuracy at 80 MSPS data rates and to guarantee no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input with selectable internal 1 to 8 divide ratio controls all internal conversion cycles. An optional duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance. The digital output data is presented in offset binary, gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Both 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS levels are supported.
The AD9609 is available in a 32-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).Applications
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- Smart antenna systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging
- PET/SPECT imaging
- The AD9609 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data output formatting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO and data output (D9 to D0) timing and offset adjustments, and voltage reference modes.
- The AD9609 is packaged in a 32-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9629 12-bit ADC and the AD9649 14-bit ADC, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 14-bit converters sampling from 20 MSPS to 80 MSPS.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9609.
Application Notes (9)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9609 IBIS Model
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9609 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.