The AD7656-1/AD7657-1/AD7658-1 are reduced decoupling pin- and software-compatible versions of AD7656/AD7657/AD7658. The AD7656-1/AD7657-1/AD7658-1 devices contain six 16-/ 14-/12-bit, fast, low power successive approximation ADCs in a package designed on the iCMOS® process (industrial CMOS). iCMOS is a process combining high voltage silicon with submicron CMOS and complementary bipolar technologies. It enables the development of a wide range of high performance analog ICs capable of 33 V operation in a footprint that no previous generation of high voltage parts could achieve. Unlike analog ICs using conven-tional CMOS processes, iCMOS components can accept bipolar input signals while providing increased performance, which dramatically reduces power consumption and package size.
The AD7656-1/AD7657-1/AD7658-1 feature throughput rates of up to 250 kSPS. The parts contain low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifiers that can handle input frequencies up to 4.5 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using the CONVST signals and an internal oscillator. Three CONVST pins (CONVST A, CONVST B, and CONVST C) allow independent, simultaneous sampling of the three ADC pairs. The AD7656-1/AD7657-1/AD7658-1 have a high speed parallel and serial interface, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. When the serial interface is selected, each part has a daisy-chain feature that allows multiple ADCs to connect to a single serial interface. The AD7656-1/AD7657-1/ AD7658-1 can accommodate true bipolar input signals in the ±4 × VREF and ±2 × VREF ranges. Each AD7656-1/AD7657-1/ AD7658-1 also contains an on-chip 2.5 V reference.
- Six 16-/14-/12-bit, 250 kSPS ADCs on board.
- Six true bipolar, high impedance analog inputs.
- High speed parallel and serial interfaces.
- Reduced decoupling requirements and reduced bill of materials cost compared with the AD7656/AD7657/ AD7658 devices.
- Power line monitoring and measuring systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Multiaxis positioning systems
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Recommended High Accuracy, Precision References - 2.5V
- For high accuracy, low noise, low temperature drift , we recommend the ADR421 or the ADR431 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582 or the ADR391 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For 16 bit applications requiring ultra low noise, low distortion , we recommend the AD8597 or the AD8599 .
- For 16 bit applications driving large capacitive loads , we recommend the AD8610 or the ADA4627-1 .
- For 16-bit ADC drivers requiring high speed and low noise , we recommend the AD8021, ADA4899-1 or the AD8022 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.