True Bipolar Input, Dual 12-Bit, 2-Channel, Simultaneous Sampling SAR ADC
The AD7366/AD7367 are dual 12-bit/14-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that feature throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The device contains two ADCs, each preceded by a 2-channel multiplexer, and a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier.
The AD7366/AD7367 are fabricated on the Analog Devices, Inc., industrial CMOS process (iCMOS1), which is a technology platform combining the advantages of low and high voltage CMOS. The iCMOS process allows the AD7366/AD7367 to accept high voltage bipolar signals in addition to reducing power consumption and package size. The AD7366/AD7367 can accept true bipolar analog input signals in the ±10 V range, ±5 V range, and 0 V to 10 V range.
The AD7366/AD7367 have an on-chip 2.5 V reference that can be disabled to allow the use of an external reference. If a 3 V reference is applied to the DCAPA and DCAPB pins, the AD7366/AD7367 can accept a true bipolar ±12 V analog input. Minimum ±12 V VDD and VSS supplies are required for the ±12 V input range.
- The AD7366/AD7367 can accept true bipolar analog input signals, as well as ±10 V, ±5 V, ±12 V (with external reference), and 0 V to 10 V unipolar signals.
- Two complete ADC functions allow simultaneous sampling and conversion of two channels.
- 1 MSPS serial interface: SPI-/QSPI-/DSP-/MICROWIRE-compatible interface.
1iCMOS Process Technology. For analog systems designers within industrial/instrumentation equipment OEMs who need high performance ICs at higher voltage levels, iCMOS is a technology platform that enables the development of analog ICs capable of 30 V and operating at ±15 V supplies while allowing dramatic reductions in power consumption and package size, and increased ac and dc performance.
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7366SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7366. This board operates in standalone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Recommended Input Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low offset, low bias current, JFET amplifiers , we recommend the AD8610 or the ADA4627-1 .
- For high speed, low power, low cost in single ended applications , we recommend the AD8021, AD8031 or the ADA4899-1 .
- For low distortion, fast settling , we recommend the AD8597 or the AD8599 .
- For wideband, low distortion, high output current , we recommend the AD8022 or the AD797 .
Recommended Precison References - 2.5V - 3.0V
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582 or the ADR391 .
- For high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 or the REF193 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
I have an EVAL-AD7366 board paired with a EVAL SDP-CB1Z processor board. I have the LabView application running. I would like source code for the processor and application, but I can't find it. Is it available?5 week(s) ago in System Demonstration Platform (SDP) Support
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.