Low Cost, 2.7 V to 5.5 V, Micropower Temperature Switch in SOT-23 (Monitors Temps from +35°C to +115°C)
These devices require no external components and typically consume 30 μA supply current. Hysteresis is pin-selectable at 2°C and 10°C. The temperature switch is specified to operate over the supply range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The ADT6501 and ADT6502 are used for monitoring temperatures from +35°C to +115°C only. Therefore, the logic output pin becomes active when the temperature goes higher than the selected trip point temperature.
The ADT6503 and ADT6504 are used for monitoring temperatures from −45°C to +15°C only. Therefore, the logic output pin becomes active when the temperature goes lower than the selected trip point temperature.
- Σ-Δ based temperature measurement gives high accuracy and noise immunity.
- Wide operating temperature range from −55°C to +125°C.
- ±0.5°C typical accuracy from −45°C to +115°C.
- Factory threshold settings from 35°C to 115°C in 10°C increments.
- Supply voltage is 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
- Supply current of 30 μA.
- Space-saving, 5-lead SOT-23 package.
- Pin-selectable temperature hysteresis of 2°C or 10°C.
- Temperature resolution of 0.125°C.
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 1/08
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.