Features and Benefits
- Capacitance-to-digital converters
- Interfaces to floating sensors
- Resolution down to 0.25 fF (that is, up to 12 ENOB)
- Linearity: 0.05%
- Common-mode (not changing) capacitance up to 5 pF
- Four capacitance ranges selectable per operation mode
- Tolerant of parasitic capacitance to ground up to 50 pF
- Conversion time per channel: 5 ms, 20 ms, 50 ms, and 60 ms
- Internal clock oscillator
- 2-wire serial interface
- 2.7 V to 3.6 V single-supply operation
- 100 μA current consumption
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +85°C
- 10-lead MSOP
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD7152/AD7153 are 12-bit sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) capacitance-to-digital converters (CDCs). The capacitance to be measured is connected directly to the device inputs. The architecture features inherent high resolution (12-bit no missing codes, up to 12-bit effective resolution) and high linearity (±0.05%). The AD7152/ AD7153 have four capacitance input ranges per operation mode, ±0.25 pF to ±2 pF in differential mode and 0.5 pF to 4 pF in single-ended mode.
The AD7152/AD7153 can accept up to 5 pF common-mode capacitance (not changing), which can be balanced by a programmable on-chip, digital-to-capacitance converter (CAPDAC).
The AD7153 has one capacitance input channel, while the AD7152 has two channels. Each channel can be configured as single-ended or differential. The AD7152/AD7153 are designed for floating capacitive sensors.
The AD7152/AD7153 have a 2-wire, I2C-compatible serial interface. Both devices can operate with a single power supply from 2.7 V to 3.6 V. They are specified over the temperature range of −40°C to +85°C and are available in a 10-lead MSOP.
Automotive, industrial, and medical systems for
- Pressure measurement
- Position sensing
- Level sensing
- Humidity sensing
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.