12-Bit, 1 GSPS JESD204B, Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter
The dual ADC cores feature a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth buffered inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. Each ADC data output is internally connected to an optional decimate-by-2 block.
The AD9234 has several functions that simplify the automatic gain control (AGC) function in a communications receiver. The programmable threshold detector allows monitoring of the incoming signal power using the fast detect output bits of the ADC. If the input signal level exceeds the programmable threshold, the fast detect indicator goes high. Because this threshold indicator has low latency, the user can quickly turn down the system gain to avoid an overrange condition at the ADC input. In addition to the fast detect outputs, the AD9234 also offers signal monitoring capability. The signal monitoring block provides additional information about the signal being digitized by the ADC.
Users can configure the Subclass 1 JESD204B-based high speed serialized output in a variety of one-, two-, or four-lane configurations, depending on the acceptable lane rate of the receiving logic device and the sampling rate of the ADC. Multiple device synchronization is supported through the SYSREF± and SYNCINB± input pins.
The AD9234 has flexible power-down options that allow significant power savings when desired. All of these features can be programmed using a 1.8 V to 3.3 V capable 3-wire SPI.
The AD9234 is available in a Pb-free, 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range. This product is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Low power consumption analog core, 12-bit, 1.0 GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with 1.5 W per channel.
- Wide full power bandwidth supports IF sampling of signals up to 2 GHz.
- Buffered inputs with programmable input termination eases filter design and implementation.
- Flexible serial port interface (SPI) controls various product features and functions to meet specific system requirements.
- Programmable fast overrange detection.
- 9 mm × 9 mm 64-lead LFCSP.
- Pin compatible with the AD9680 14-bit, 1 GSPS dual ADC.
- Diversity multiband, multimode digital receivers
- 3G/4G, TD-SCDMA, W-CDMA, GSM, LTE
- Point-to-point radio systems
- Digital predistortion observation path
- General-purpose software radios
- Ultrawideband satellite receiver
- Instrumentation (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, integrated RF test solutions)
- Digital oscilloscopes
- High speed data acquisition systems
- DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS upstream receive paths
- HFC digital reverse path receivers
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The AD9680 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email email@example.comEQUIPMENT NEEDED
- Analog signal source and antialiasing filter
- Sample Clock Source
- REFCLOCK source for FPGA receiver
- PC running Windows 7, XP or Vista
- USB 2.0 port recommended (USB 1.1 compatible)
- AD9680-1000EBZ Evaluation Board
- ADs7-v1EBZ FPGA Based Data Capture Board
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.