10 MHz Bandwidth, 640 MSPS Dual Continuous Time Sigma-Delta Modulator
The AD9267 has a resistive input impedance that significantly relaxes the requirements of the driver amplifier. In addition, a 32× oversampled fifth-order continuous time loop filter attenuates out-of-band signals and aliases, reducing the need for external filters at the input. The low noise figure of 15 dB relaxes the linearity requirements of the front-end signal chain components, and the high dynamic range reduces the need for an automatic gain control (AGC) loop.
A differential input clock controls all internal conversion cycles. An external clock input or the integrated integer-N PLL provides the 640 MHz internal clock needed for the oversampled conti- nuous time Σ-Δ modulator. The digital output data is presented as 4-bit, LVDS at 640 MSPS in twos complement format. A data clock output (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Additional digital signal processing may be required on the 4-bit modulator output to remove the out-of-band noise and to reduce the sample rate.
The AD9267 operates on a 1.8 V power supply, consuming 416 mW. The AD9267 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- Continuous time Σ-Δ architecture efficiently achieves high dynamic range and wide bandwidth.
- Passive input structure reduces or eliminates the require- ments for a driver amplifier.
- An oversampling ratio of 32× and high order loop filter provide excellent alias rejection, reducing or eliminating the need for antialiasing filters.
- Operates from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- A standard serial port interface (SPI) supports various product features and functions.
- Features a low pin count, high speed LVDS interface with data output clock.
- Baseband quadrature receivers: CDMA2000, W-CDMA, multicarrier GSM/EDGE, 802.16x, and LTE
- Quadrature sampling instrumentation
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Understanding Continuous-Time, Discrete-Time Sigma-Delta ADCs And Nyquist ADCs
Due to the high performance, efficiency, and ease of use of the CT-ΣΔ architecture, manufacturers of high-performance...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.