4-Channel, 10-Bit ADC with I2C Compatible Interface in 16-Lead TSSOP
The AD7993 is a 4 channel, 10-bit, high speed, low power, successive-approximation ADC respectively. The part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply and features a conversion time of 2 µs. The part contains a four channel multiplexer and track/hold amplifier.
The AD7993 provides a two-wire serial interface which is compatible with I2C interfaces. The part comes in two versions, AD7993-0 and AD7993-1. Each version allows for a minimum of two different I2C addresses. The I2C interface on the AD7993-0 supports Standard and Fast I2C Interface Modes. The I2C interface on the AD7993-1 supports Standard, Fast and two High-Speed I2C Interface Modes.
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7993EBZ is a fully featured evaluation Board for the AD7993. The evaluation board can be operated in complete standalone mode or connected to a PC via a standard USB interface. When operated with a PC, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
Recommended External References - 2.5V
- For the reference buffer amplifier , we recommend the AD8605 or the AD8605 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780, ADR03 or the AD780 .
- For applications requiring best accuracy, low noise, low drift , we recommend the ADR421, AD780 or the AD780 .
- For low noise, high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 .
- For applications requiring 2.048V to 4.096V , we recommend the REF191 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582, ADR381 or the ADR391 .
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
- For single supply, high speed, low power , we recommend the AD8031 or the AD8032 .
- For precision, low noise, single supply , we recommend the AD8605 or the AD8605 .
- For precision, high speed, low cost , we recommend the AD8604 .
- For low distortion, low noise, dual supplies , we recommend the AD8599 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.