The AD7792/AD7793 are low power, low noise, complete analog front ends for high precision measurement applications. The AD7792/AD7793 contain a low noise 16-/24-bit Σ-Δ ADC with three differential analog inputs. The on-chip, low noise instrumentation amplifier means that signals of small amplitude can be interfaced directly to the ADC. With a gain setting of 64, the rms noise is 40 nV when the update rate equals 4.17 Hz.
The devices contain a precision low noise, low drift internal band gap reference and can accept an external differential reference. Other on-chip features include programmable excitation current sources, burnout currents, and a bias voltage generator. The bias voltage generator sets the common-mode voltage of a channel to AVDD/2.
The devices can be operated with either the internal clock or an external clock. The output data rate from the parts is software-programmable and can be varied from 4.17 Hz to 470 Hz.
The parts operate with a power supply from 2.7 V to 5.25 V. They consume a current of 400 μA typical and are housed in a 16-lead TSSOP package.
- Thermocouple measurements
- RTD measurements
- Thermistor measurements
- Gas analysis
- Industrial process control
- Portable instrumentation
- Blood analysis
- Smart transmitters
- Liquid/gas chromatography
- 6-digit DVM
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7792EBZ is a fully featured evaluation Board for the AD7792. The evaluation board can be connected to a PC via a standard USB interface. Software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For cost sensitive designs , we recommend the ADUM7440, ADUM7441 or the ADUM7442 .
- For optocoupler alternatives, see our digital isolator selection tables, ADuMxxxx.
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control , we recommend the ADUM4160 .
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power , we recommend the ADUM5401, ADUM5402 or the ADUM5403 .
- For process control applications , we recommend the ADUM1400 or the ADUM1200 .
Recommended High Accuracy, Precision References - 2.5V
- For high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582 or the ADR391 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
pH Sensor Reference Design Enabled for RF Wireless Transmission
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.