16-Bit, 1 MSPS CMOS ADC
The AD7671 is a 16-bit, 1 MSPS, charge redistribution SAR, analog-to-digital converter that operates from a single 5 V power supply. It contains a high speed 16-bit sampling ADC, a resistor input scaler that allows various input ranges, an internal conversion clock, error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports.
The AD7671 is hardware factory-calibrated and is comprehensively tested to ensure such ac parameters as signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and total harmonic distortion (THD), in addition to the more traditional dc parameters of gain, offset, and linearity.
It features a very high sampling rate mode (Warp), a fast mode (Normal) for asynchronous conversion rate applications, and, for low power applications, a reduced power mode (Impulse) where the power is scaled with the throughput.
It is fabricated using Analog Devices’ high performance, 0.6 micron CMOS process and is available in a 48-lead LQFP and a tiny 48-lead LFCSP, with operation specified from –40°C to +85°C.
The AD7671 is a very high speed (1 MSPS in Warp Mode and 800 kSPS in Normal Mode), charge redistribution, 16-bit SAR ADC.
The AD7671 operates from a single 5 V supply, dissipates only 112 mW typical, even lower when a reduced throughput is used with the reduced power mode (Impulse) and a powerdown mode.
The AD7671 has a maximum integral nonlinearity of 2.5 LSB with no missing 16-bit code.
Serial or Parallel Interface
Versatile parallel (8 bits or 16 bits) or 2-wire serial interface arrangement compatible with both 3 V or 5 V logic.
- Data Acquisition
- Spectrum Analysis
- Medical Instruments
- Process Control
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
Recommended External Voltage References
- For high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 or the REF192 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582 or the ADR391 .
- For low noise, low temperature drift , we recommend the AD780, ADR4525 or the ADR421 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4897-1 or the AD8021 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1 or the AD8610 .
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2 or the AD8031 .
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
The 1 MSPS Successive Approximation Register A/D Converter
by Bhaskar Banerjee
...Combining a higher sampling rate and lower power consumption, this 16-bit A/D converter is...
Sampling ADC Breaks Speed Barrier Without Compromising Power
by Ashok Bindra
...An innovative comparator helps this 16-bit successive-approximation-register ADC set a conversion...
Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.