16-Bit, 25 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS/105 MSPS, 1.8 V Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
The AD9650 is a dual, 16-bit, 25 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS/ 105 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) designed for digitizing high frequency, wide dynamic range signals with input frequencies of up to 300 MHz.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth, differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers, and shared integrated voltage reference, which eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data can be routed directly to the two external 16-bit output ports or multiplexed on a single 16-bit bus. These outputs can be set to either 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9650 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- On-chip dither option for improved SFDR performance with low power analog input.
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 300 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V supply and a separate digital output driver supply accommodating 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS outputs.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, and test modes.
- Pin compatible with the AD9268 and other dual families, AD9269, AD9251, AD9231, and AD9204. This allows a simple migration across resolutions and bandwidth.
- Industrial instrumentation
- X-Ray, MRI, and ultrasound equipment
- High speed pulse acquisition
- Chemical and spectrum analysis
- Direct conversion receivers
- Multimode digital receivers
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
MS-2677: JESD204B Subclasses - Part 2: Subclass 1 vs. Subclass 2 System...
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.