14-Bit, 20/40/65/80 MSPS, 1.8 V Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD9649 is a monolithic, single channel 1.8 V supply, 14-bit, 20/40/65/80 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It features a high performance sample-and-hold circuit and an on-chip volt-age reference.
The product uses multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 14-bit accuracy at 80 MSPS data rates and to guarantee no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input with optional 1, 2, or 4 divide ratios controls all internal conversion cycles.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Both 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS levels are supported.
The AD9649 is available in a 32-lead RoHS-compliant LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).Applications
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- Smart antenna systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Handheld scope meters
- Portable medical imaging
- The AD9649 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface (SPI) supports various product features and functions, such as data output format-ting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO, data output (D13 to D0) timing and offset adjustments, and voltage reference modes.
- The AD9649 is packaged in a 32-lead RoHS-compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9629 12-bit ADC and the AD9609 10-bit ADC, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 14-bit converters sampling from 20 MSPS to 80 MSPS.
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs and DACs. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, frequency response plots, and more.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Analog-to-Digital Converter and Drivers ICs Solutions Bulletin, Volume 10,...
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.