14-Bit, 125 MSPS/105 MSPS, 1.8 V Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input controls all internal conversion cycles. An optional duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided for each ADC channel to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Output logic levels of 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS are supported. Output data can also be multiplexed onto a single output bus.
The AD9648 is available in a 64-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Broadband data applications
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging
- The AD9648 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data output formatting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO/data timing and offset adjustments.
- The AD9648 is packaged in a 64-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9650/AD9269/AD9268 16-bit ADC’s, the AD9258 14-bit ADC, the AD9628/AD9231 12-bit ADC’s, and the AD9608/AD9204 10-bit ADC’s, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 16-bit converters sampling from 20 MSPS to 125 MSPS.
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs and DACs. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, frequency response plots, and more.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.