14-Bit, 80 MSPS/155 MSPS, 1.8V Dual, Serial Output A/D Converter
The AD9644 is a dual, 14-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a high speed serial output interface and sampling speeds of either 80 MSPS or 155 MSPS.
The AD9644 is designed to support communications appli-cations where high performance, combined with low cost, small size, and versatility, is desired. The JESD204A high speed serial interface reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design consid-erations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
By default, the ADC output data is routed directly to the two external JESD204A serial output ports. These outputs are at CML voltage levels. Two modes are supported such that output coded data is either sent through one data link or two. (L = 1; F = 4 or L = 2; F = 2). Independent synchronization inputs (DSYNC) are provided for each channel.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9644 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
This product is protected by a U.S. patent.Applications
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G and 4G)
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound equipment
- An on-chip PLL allows users to provide a single ADC sampling clock; the PLL multiplies the ADC sampling clock to produce the corresponding data rate clock.
- The configurable JESD204A output block supports up to 1.6 Gbps per channel data rate when using a dedicated data link per ADC or 3.2 Gbps data rate when using a single shared data link for both ADCs.
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 250 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, and serial output configuration.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
JESD204 Serial Interface
The JESD204 and the JESD204B revision data converter serial interface standard was created through the JEDEC...
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.