14-Bit, 80 MSPS/155 MSPS, 1.8 V Serial Output Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
The ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC features wide bandwidth, differential sample-and-hold, analog input amplifiers that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases the design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converter to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data is routed directly to the JESD204A serial output port. This output is at CML voltage levels. A CMOS or LVDS synchronization input (DSYNC) is provided.
The flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9641 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G and 4G)
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound equipment
- An on-chip PLL allows users to provide a single ADC sampling clock. The PLL multiplies the ADC sampling clock to produce the corresponding JESD204A data rate clock.
- The configurable JESD204A output block coded data rate supports up to 1.6 Gbps.
- A proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 250 MHz.
- Operation is from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- The standard serial port interface (SPI) supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), controlling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, and serial output configuration.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.