Octal, 12-Bit, 40/80 MSPS Serial LVDS 1.8 V A/D Converter
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported and typically consumes less than 2 mW when all channels are disabled.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9637 is available in a RoHS-compliant, 64-lead LFCSP. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. This product is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Medical imaging and nondestructive ultrasound
- Portable ultrasound and digital beam-forming systems
- Quadrature radio receivers
- Diversity radio receivers
- Optical networking
- Test equipment
- Small Footprint. Eight ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving package.
- Low Power of 60 mW/Channel at 80 MSPS with Scalable Power Options.
- Ease of Use. A data clock output (DCO) is provided that operates at frequencies of up to 480 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Pin Compatible with the AD9257 (14-Bit Octal ADC).
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.